It’s February 1st, St Brigid’s day. Imbolc. The celebration of half way between the Winter Solstice and the Spring Equinox. Welcome in the light. Plant seeds for your life today.
Everyone says that – Plant the seeds of what you want to bring into your life. But how do you actually do that?
Here’s an exercise you can try, especially for Imbolc. A candle isn’t necessary but if you want to use one, go ahead!
- Take a new, small candle in your hands, sit somewhere quiet and breathe. (a tea-light is fine too)
- Connect your feet to the ground, grow roots on the soles of your feet in your mind’s eye and let them go down into the earth.
- Bring your awareness into your heart. Imagine your heart is the garden of your life. Let it show itself to you, without judgement.
- You might have a messy garden, your garden might be perfect, yet there is always room to transform parts of it, to till the soil, weed, and throw away any rubbish.
- Do this now, clear and clean and tidy up the garden until you feel it’s in good shape. Remember, it’s in your imagination so if its a big job and you need some help, you can ask for help! A tractor, a power animal, even a fairy can come and help you sort things out.
- Now give thanks for this beautiful canvas to work with. The sheer potential of it all. imagine the gratitude from your heart is the fertiliser for the soil.
- Chose one part of the garden and plant seeds there, flowers which will blossom into love, relationships, happiness.
- Chose another part and plant flowers for abundance, money, financial wealth and prosperity.
- Choose one more part and do this again – it could be career, health, or even just a surprise from the Universe.
- Give thanks one more time, you can imagine yourself watering the new seeds, bending down, touching the earth.
- Bring yourself back into the room, then breathe all you feel into your candle, and light it.
- Now walk away, don’t think about it again for several hours.
The more you feed your garden, the more it will grow. Be open to unexpected joy showing up in there. And remember you can come visit your garden anytime (yes, that’s how you feed it!)
Have you tried this exercise? How was it for you? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
For more exercises like this, and weekly support from Abby, sign up for her Weekly Energy Tips emails. Click here!