Privacy Statement, Disclaimer, Competition Terms and Conditions
updated July 2019
Summary: Abby Wynne provides various ways for you to add your personal information to her database. By clicking on “Submit” “Sign-up” “Buy now” “Purchase” and or any other button (or functionality) that has a similar meaning you are providing your explicit consent to be added to Abby Wynne’s communication system. By entering enquiry information into the contact form you must be aware that anything you send is is sent to Abby via her secure email system. You will not be added to any email listing without an opt-in form which you can manually select. Abby Wynne outlines below the methods of communicating with you based on the information you provide. You may opt-out of emails from Abby at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button included on all currently available means of communication that Abby Wynne has described below it may use to communicate with you.
Abby Wynne (the “COMPANY”) respects the privacy concerns of the users of its website, www.abby-wynne.com and the services and or goods provided there (the “SITE”). Abby Wynne provides this privacy statement to explain what information is gathered during a visit to the SITE and how such information may be used.
USE OF INFORMATION
As a general policy, no personally identifiable information (“PERSONAL DATA”), such as your name, address, or e-mail address, is automatically collected from your visit to the SITE. ANY PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY THE SITE MUST BE VOLUNTARILY ENTERED BY THE SUBSCRIBER. “Special Data” is data that is sent voluntarily by the subscriber via use of contact form to Abby and is treated as confidential.
Non-personal data is recorded by the standard operation of Abby Wynne’s internet servers. Information such as the type of browser being used, its operating system, and your IP address is gathered in order to enhance your online experience.
PERSONAL DATA is information that specifically identifies you (name, email address, ship to/bill to address, phone number) and can be used to specifically locate you from within Abby Wynne’s database and or filing system. The SITE’S various mailing lists, downloads, special offers, contests, registration forms, and surveys may request that you give Abby Wynne contact information such as your Name, Email, Timezone.
SENSITIVE DATA is information that you supply voluntarily to Abby when applying to meet with her for a healing session through the use of the contact form on www.abby-wynne.com or the Intake form on her calendar system managed by AcuityScheduling.com. When you book an appointment using Abby’s calendar system, your contact and form information goes to Acuity Scheduling who are GDPR compliant. You can read their privacy statement here. Anything that is sent to Abby via contact form or placed in the intake form is DEEMED CONFIDENTIAL and not shared with any third party or data controller. Any queries you may send to Abby’s main email address are also deemed confidential, and are not shared with any third party.
Information submitted in general contact forms or via email query will be used by Abby Wynne to:
- Email SUBSCRIBER the requested information from Abby Wynne
- Email SUBSCRIBER a link to opt-into Abby’s weekly newsletter
- Provide SUBSCRIBER access to the requested content from Abby Wynne;
PERSONAL DATA submitted voluntarily by the SUBSCRIBER via email or general contact form is managed by the following companies: Mailchimp, Content Upgrade.com, Acuity Scheduling who have all made statements to say they are GDPR compliant.
Should the SUBSCRIBER request to be unsubscribed from any email listing they can click on the unsubscribe button supplied with any email correspondence from Abby and they will automatically be unsubscribed.
LEGAL BASIS FOR USE OF INFORMATION
Abby Wynne is legally processing SUBSCRIBER’S SENSITIVE and PERSONAL DATA based on the following:
- The SUBSCRIBER has given his or her explicit and voluntary consent to Abby Wynne;
- The SUBSCRIBER has a contract with Abby Wynne that necessitates Abby Wynne having his or her PERSONAL or SENSITIVE DATA;
- Abby Wynne has a legal obligation that requires processing SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL and SENSITIVE DATA;
- There is a vital interest that necessitates Abby Wynne processing SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL DATA;
Abby needs to know the background before she meets with someone for a healing session, so having certain background information firstly helps Abby decide if the person is a suitable candidate for healing session with her and secondly it enhances and deepens the healing experience of the session work. No other notes are taken during session work, no sessions are recorded and everything that takes place in a healing session is confidential based on the ethics and guidelines of the Irish Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (IACP). As an accredited member of IACP Abby is obliged to go to Supervision on a regular basis where details of confidential sessions may be discussed, the identity of Abby’s client’s are never revealed during these sessions, notes are not taken and it is purely as part of a support system for Abby and a requirement for Abby’s continuing accreditation with IACP.
USE TO THIRD PARTIES
PERSONAL DATA and SENSITIVE DATA is never sold, leased, or shared with any third parties. A third party is a COMPANY outside of the SUBSCRIBER – COMPANY- DATA CONTROLLER relationship where DATA CONTROLLERS are services used by the COMPANY to carry out certain tasks. The current list of DATA CONTROLLERS is: Mailchimp, Acuity Scheduling, Zoom, Skype, Content Upgrade, Stripe, PayPal, Sum Up
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Abby Wynne does not store any credit card information it may receive in regard to a specific transaction and/or billing arrangement except as necessary to complete and satisfy its rights and obligations with regard to such transaction, billing arrangement, and/or as otherwise authorized by a user. All online credit card information is handled by WooCommerce Cart integrated with Stripe and PayPal. Credit Card transactions in person in the office are handled by Sum Up.
Abby Wynne may disclose SUBSCRIBER information in special cases when required by legal and or law enforcement and only when required by law.
If Abby Wynne has reasonable reason(s) to believe that disclosing PERSONAL DATA held by Abby Wynne is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference (either intentionally or unintentionally) with Abby Wynne’s rights or property, other users of the SITE, and or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities, then Abby Wynne will work with the appropriate and legitimate law enforcement and or legal authorities to make sure that the PERSONAL DATA is handled in accordance with the applicable laws.
SKYPE AND ZOOM SESSIONS
Sessions with Abby are confidential and are never recorded. The only information that will be kept by the system is the time, date, duration and contact information which is required in order to create the appointment. Sometimes there may be need to send information over chat box with lists of homework and tailor made affirmations, all of this is deleted after the sessions have ended. Email information stays with the email server until such a time as emails are deleted. All emails and website form responses are on a secure server and any information that you send in an email about your session with Abby is totally confidential, only seen by her and her alone, and totally voluntary on your behalf. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION IS NEVER SHARED WITH ANYONE.
EMAIL MINI SESSIONS
Email mini-sessions are deemed confidential and never shared with anyone. All information you supply to me is over secure email. All information you share with me is voluntary and all correspondence will be deleted from my system after 2 years. I cannot be held responsible for the integrity of email travel over the internet however I am currently researching alternatives which may be more secure.
As a subscriber and or user of the SITE, you have the following rights:
- Transparent information from Abby Wynne regarding how they communicate and interact with the SUBSCRIBER;
- The right to hear back from Abby Wynne regarding any inquiry into SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL DATA;
- To request correction of PERSONAL DATA from Abby Wynne;
- Access to SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL DATA including knowing the purposes that the data is used for;
- To request erasure from Abby Wynne’s records provided that there are not overriding legal, public interest, or legitimate interests;
- To a restriction on the processing of the PERSONAL DATA;
- Data portability of PERSONAL DATA (having a record provided to you that is readable and commonly used that outlines the PERSONAL DATA Abby Wynne has on you)
- To object to processing of PERSONAL DATA – Abby Wynne shall no longer process the SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL DATA unless Abby Wynne demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the SUBSCRIBER or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- To file a complaint with the supervisory authority;
- The right to unsubscribe at any time (withdraw consent)
PROFILING PERSONAL DATA
Profiling means any form of automated processing of PERSONAL DATA consisting of the use of PERSONAL DATA to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a SUBSCRIBER, in particular to analyse or predict aspects concerning that SUBSCRIBER’S performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movements; Abby Wynne DOES NOT ENGAGE IN ANY SORT OF PROFILING OF ITS SUBSCRIBERS BASED ON PERSONAL DATA.
CHILDREN UNDER AGE 16
Abby Wynne recognizes the special obligation to protect PERSONAL DATA obtained from children age 16 and under. IF YOU ARE 16 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER, ABBY WYNNE REQUESTS THAT YOU NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE SITE OR TO ABBY WYNNE. If Abby Wynne discovers that a child age 16 or younger has signed up on the SITE and or provided Abby Wynne with PERSONAL DATA, Abby Wynne will delete that child’s PERSONAL DATA from her records straight away.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record keeping purposes. Cookies make using Abby Wynne’s SITE easier by saving your passwords and preferences for you.
These cookies are restricted for use only on COMPANY’S SITE, and do not transfer any PERSONAL DATA to any other party. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the SITE may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
Neither Abby Wynne nor the SITE knowingly permit the use of malware, spyware, viruses, and/or other similar types of software.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL SITES
OPT OUT OR REMOVAL OF YOUR INFORMATION
The SITE provides the SUBSCRIBER the opportunity to opt-in to receive communications from Abby Wynne at the point(s) where PERSONAL DATA information is required to be voluntarily entered by the SUBSCRIBER.
The SUBSCRIBER always has the option of removing their PERSONAL DATA from any communications list in order to discontinue any such future communications.
In order to ensure immediate removal from any list, please follow the specific instructions set forth within the communications you receive from Abby Wynne, which you no longer wish to receive.
If you are unsuccessful in completing the instructions specified in any such communication, please email Abby Wynne at email@example.com and simply request to unsubscribe.
If you have any complaints or concerns about Abby Wynne or about this privacy statement, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org Information provided by you via general email inquiries to Abby Wynne such as your email address is used only to respond to your inquiries in the ordinary course of business, and is never shared with third parties.
Security for all PERSONAL DATA is extremely important to Abby Wynne. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
As a result, while Abby Wynne strives to protect SUBSCRIBER’S PERSONAL DATA, Abby Wynne cannot ensure or warrant the security of any PERSONAL DATA the SUBSCRIBER transmits via the internet. By transmitting any such information to Abby Wynne, SUBSCRIBER accepts that he or she does so at their own risk.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
PayPal and Stripe Data Protection
There are no returns available for digital downloadable items purchased in Abby’s WebShop.
It is possible to get a refund on any online course run by Abby providing the refund has been requested prior to the start date of the course. Once courses have started, no refunds are available.
Where items purchased on Abby’s Webshop are NOT downloadable items (such as crystal bracelets), returns and refunds are available on an item by item basis, depending on the circumstances.
Abby Wynne maintains this website to enhance public access to information about her activities. Her goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. The information accessible on this website, particularly the synopsis of Energy Healing, is derived from a variety of sources and includes statements of opinion. Despite her best efforts, there may be inaccuracies or points upon which other practitioners of Energy Healing may disagree.
Abby Wynne is not a psychic medium, does not offer psychic readings nor does she predict the future. If you are physically ill Abby believes that yes, there may be Spiritual cause, but the body needs care at the physical level, therefore you MUST visit your doctor and listen to what they have to say and take action when required. For example, if you fall and break your leg, the spiritual lesson may be to stop and pay attention to what is around you, but you still need to go to hospital, get the x-ray, wear the cast and allow your body the time to heal.
Therefore www.abby-wynne.com website is not a substitute for the advice provided by a medical professional. Always consult a doctor or other qualified health professional if you have personal concerns. DISTANCE HEALING IS NOT SUFFICIENT IN TIMES OF PHYSICAL EMERGENCY. Be sensible and contact your doctor, do not wait for a response from email@example.com for any emergency situation.
Links and references to other websites, organisations or people beyond our website are provided for convenience and information purposes only and should not be taken as an endorsement of such website, organisation or person by Abby.
Instagram Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: Abby Wynne whose registered office is at 57 Rathgar Road, Dublin 6
2. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter Instagram competitions run by Abby
3. Route to entry for the competitions and details of how to enter are on the relevant images on Abby Wynne’s profile on Instagram.com
4. Closing date and time for entries will be given on the competition announcement image. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
5.. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received on time for whatever reason.
6. Please note if your account on Instagram is private, you will need to make it public in order to have your entry visible.
6. An announcement of the winner will be given, with the winner being tagged in the announcement.
7. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
8. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
9. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
11. Winners will be chosen at random using a computerised number generator.
12. The winner will be notified by direct message and through tagging on the closing image. Winners will need to supply the promotor with a valid postal address for the prize. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
15. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and winning image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [Irish] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
16. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.